Re: [HCDX]: Radio Hargeisa

>  The best time to hear Radio Hargeisa here in the
>  UK is between 1630 and 1715. Radio Free Asia
>  blocks the channel with its Uighur programme at
>  1600-1630, then there's splatter from a powerful
>  Radio Bulgaria tx on 7535 kHz from 1715 onwards.
>
>  Dave

Yes, the same here in Germany. And there is a Chinese jammer on 7540 kHz
causing severe splatter QRM on some days.

Quite good reception on my AR7030 around 1700 UTC here (without using its +10
dB preamp! The radio was running on just 12 Volts out of a portable battery
and it showed some severe IM problems all over the shortwave range when the
preamp was activated.). Because of domestic QRN/QRM problems I made several
mini-DXpeditions for getting this one into the log: a 10m high vertical (wire
along a Spieth telescopic mast) was looking out of my car, causing some
attraction on the parking lot. This antenna produced extremely strong signals
from several African stations during sunset. Much to my suprise, none of the
other Somali stations recently reported made it to Germany during several
days of trying. Also the new one from Congo-Zaire on 15725 was not heard
while 15244 came in quite nicely. May be not a daily operation?

vy73
Harald