Re: [HCDX]: Re: hard-core-dx V4 #1233(world time programs)

Re: [HCDX]: Re: hard-core-dx V4 #1233(world time programs)

I think the original poster wanted program to give info on when different
areas of the world change to summer/winter time.   WorldTime is great, but
won't do that I don't think.  Other nice time programs(for Macintosh, at
least):
Burbank
iClock(www.scriptsoftware.com)

My favorite time program for the Mac is Time Palette (http://www.timepalette.com/). It's got a database of over ten thousand cities, all of which contain information on summer/winter time changes, plus it draws grayline maps in a bunch of different projections. My favorite map (added to the program at my request) is the Azimuthal projection, better known to hobbyists as a Great Circle map. If you drag one of the ten thousand cities in the database on to the map, it'll redraw that map using that location as the center point. It also gives sunrise and sunset times, plus bearings and distances. I like it a lot.

Ralph
--
Ralph Brandi  ralph@xxxxxxxxxx  webmaster@xxxxxxxxx  http://www.anarc.org/

Webmaster, Association of North American Radio Clubs