From: owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Don
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2000 06:46 AM
To: hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [HCDX]: PNG 4890

4890 has been "not heard" here on the W coast of NA for 2 nights.
Here's a logging from 9675 two nights ago:

Papua New Guinea 9675 Karai National Radio 0655 APR 3. M anncr with Pop
mx
program. ID as Karai National Radio at 0653, then into a short public
service announcement "transmission reduction in broadcasting due to the
transmitter work. We are now broadcasting from 6 A.M. to 10 P.M.
Daily" )
Then back into PNG Pop Mx (local Pidgin Pop and Country Western with
wailing
guitars). ID ToH as both NBC and Karai National Radio, Into News Brief
in
English by M. More music at 0704. At 0707 another mention that they were
only transmitting 6 AM to 10 PM and that this was "necessitated by
transmitter work....very important transmitter work" . A few moments
later
the transmission turned into a garbled mess - poor modulation(did the
transmitter finally go?). Not heard on 4890; 9675 not normally audible
here
in PacNorWest at this time since last October (Nelson-OR)