[HCDX]: DXped Northeastern Alberta

Hello Hardcore Group: Just a few hours ago, I returned from Don Moman's world class antenna farm! Don's DX site consists of 13 towers, a huge array of amateur beam antennas and dipoles, one being a 4-30 mHz Log Periodic Rotatable Beam, with another waiting to be rigged. Don probably the worlds only private (?), 80 meter Yagi. While Don's dog was out walking me, I counted no less than 10, long beverages! All this, along with Don's massive collection of Premium Receivers (Harris, Racal, Rockwell Collins, Kenwood, Icom, etc) and equipment, between the 4 of us, a large assembly of Rockwell Collins 2050's, Walter Salmaniw and the Canadian Military own the rest hi, hi!
The DXped group was Don, Mickey Delmage, Nigel Pimblett and myself. We began listening around 0030 GMT Saturday 15. At 0308, Radio Zambia 6265 appeared, "Radio 1" ID's, SINPO: 25332 // 6165 buried by Dutch tx. I have been after Zambia for years, impossible from my home QTH, QRM and modest antenna, needless to say I nearly fell off the dial! Later, at 0447 Radio Psycho 6955U, (N American Pirate) appeared, SINPO:35444, 90% copy on good audio. At 0600, Radio del Pacifico 4975, (Peru), SINPO:34333. At 1140, Radio Madang 3260, (PNG) 35333, close down at 1201. Bangladesh Betar 7184, at 1822, SINPO: 23222. At 2002, RTV Tunisienne 7225, SINPO: 35333, thanks to Richard Jary's HCDX tip. GMT Sunday 16 0032 Radio Blandegue 14565L (S American Pirate), with Radio City and Radio Sin Fronteras relays, SINPO: 35443+. SIBC (Solomon Islands) 5019.95, 0720, SINPO: 45444. Thailand Metro 8742.99 // 6765.09 weak, 0757, SINPO: 34333, with I/S and long ID, thanks to Walt Salmanuw HCDX tip. Also, around this time Missionary Traffic (PNG) 6849 , the school of the air frequency 7885 (Australia) with local chat yl and child and VJY Darwin traffic 6850, perhaps our Australian/New Zealand friends could sort us out on the exact names, etc of these 3 stations.
GMT Monday 17 0258, following the Minor Storm GMT 16, Radio Madagasikara 5009.7, what was so cool about this one was that it was via the Double Ended Grey Line (greyline at xmtr-sunrise and listening post-sunset), we watched this real time on Don's moving greyline Mercator Map, peaked at 0312, quickly gone by 0320. Following the greyline, Radio Lesotho 4800, at 0328, SINPO: 25332+, reception slightly better on a west beverage over Log Periodic, then Africa was gone! The one that amazed Mickey and I, Lao National Radio 6130, BIG SIGNAL, SINPO: 34-,333+. So clear, I could hear each of the 7 gongs, resonate at 1159. Again, this via the Double Ended Grey Line (greyline at xmtr-sunset and listen post-sunrise). At, 1234 Radio Myanmar 5985.78, SINPO: 22222 weak audio. NO, sign of Radio Kiribati, all weekend! The local QRM at Don's QTH is virtually 0 !
5 new countries, for me, Zambia, Tunisa, Lesotho, Laos and Myanmar.
A excellent weekend of DXing, for the rest of the group, they had DXed these stations before, but for me WOW! Nigel, Mickey and Don also worked MW, with some great loggings, Argentina! I am sure you will see their loggings soon. DX aside, allot of conversation and laughs, especially while falling a rotten tree, at Mickey's beautiful new country home. All in all, a GREAT weekend! Hope to do it again soon! Get out with you DX friends and enjoy! Thanks guys! Loggings by Don Moman, Mickey Delmage, Nigel Pimblett and myself. Joe n52w113@xxxxxxxxxxx