[HCDX]: MW Logs

Had a trip to my new bush location this evening, to see what conditions
are like. This is about 25 minutes drive from home in a State Forest.
The AOR AR7030 and a 300m longwire kept us company - as this was a test
trip we didn't bother with multiple radios.

Luckily the 110 kV powerlines 500m away didn't cause problems. Noise was
ausible but not enough to cause problems. Reception on high end of MW as
well as 120 & 90mb excellent, 60mb not much better than home. Of course,
that might be just the particular night. As a test we checked as soon as
we got back to my place with the AOR and a 30m longwire as well as the
terminated loop and couldn't hear any of the US stations we had been
logging from the bush spot.

Noted:

1460     Unid (KULA?). Heard around 0750-0800 but faded down for legal
ID, MoR pops.

1650    Unid. Phone in program, ran out of time to chase it 1010.

1660    KXOL Brigham City UT, ID 0809 reasonable signal. Starting to mix
with another later on.

1670    WTDY Madison WI. Only faint carrier heard earlier, then at
recheck 0946 huge signal to past 1010, first with networked phone show
then IDs 0957 and CNN News. Excellent example of Greyline DX as my
GEOCLOCK showed it getting light there at the time.

1680    "16-80 Jam", legal ID not heard. Rap songs and station promos,
possibly the Doug Brooke breakfast show later on. Heard 0854-1025+. Got
lots of info for this, but no legal ID. Any suggestions?

2390    WWCR. Almost impossible from home with noise levels, very easily
heard at 0937.

3279.6    La Voz del Napo EQA. Another very difficult ask from home, at
good level with talks 0941.

All in all, the location looks like being a success - mcuh to my wife's
disgust.

Richard
Gosford, NSW, Australia