[HCDX]: Victoria, BC Loggings

Not too many loggings to report this time around. Conditions are not quite as good as they had been during the equinoxial period 4 to 6 weeks ago. Nevertheless,...

ROMANIA 15105.0 Radio Romania International heard at 2114 with English to Europe, into Romanian Culture program. Fair/good, but use LSB to avoid splatter from the high side. Parallel to 15180 fair/good, 11940 poor, and 11740 poor/fair. Frequencies appeared to be right on, unlike the following: (Salmaniw, 6 May).

To North America at 0404 in English on 15334.91 poor/fair, but fair the next night, 15105.05 good, but only poor/fair next night, 11939.98 fair, and only heard second night, 17745 fair, only on second night. I don't recall RRI being off frequency before. (Salmaniw, 8-9 May).

MEXICO 9705.01 Radio Mexico International heard at 0323 in English with DXperience program, so it's still running almost a year after I first heard this program. Fair reception. (Salmaniw, 7 May. ie, local Saturday evenings).

NOISE Continue to be very unhappy with the huge broadbanded pulse type continuous noise from 13374-13617, heard throughout most of the day, and definitely into the local evenings here around 0400 +. Any ideas what this could be, and what can be done to get rid of this most unwelcome intruder? (Salmaniw, 9 May)

?RUSSIA 11770 BBCWS Ukrainian is well heard here at 0407, parallel to 9760 (poor). I recall the sites to have been in Russia in the past, but am no sure if this is still the case. (Salmaniw, 9 May).

Walter R. Salmaniw, MD email: salmaniw@xxxxxxxx
Victoria, British Columbia
This is a message from "Walter (Volodya) Salmaniw, MD" <salmaniw@xxxxxxxx>