Re: [HCDX]: WWBS address revisited

Hello Per-Ole and HCDX group: I am replying to recent WWBS address questions. I have, just minutes ago spoke with both Mr. and Mrs. Jossey on the telephone. I now assure you all that the past information was and this present address information is 100% accurate, in that the information came from Mr. and Mrs. Jossey of WWBS Macon Georgia:

From: Per-Ole Stenman <per-ole.stenman@xxxxxxxx>
To: hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [HCDX]: WWBS address revisited
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 16:55:32 +0300

The 1999 WRTH lists a address of "300 Polar Str", a unspecified address. There is no "Polar" Street in Macon Georgia, a simple typo. The address should read: 300 Poplar Str, (like the deciduous tree) completely: 300 Poplar Street Macon Georgia 31209 USA. Also and accurately the WRTH lists a Mailing Address as "(PO Box 18174) Macon Georgia 31209 ". At the time of my original HCDX report PO Box 18174 and 18714 were both valid. The PO Box 18714 was launched to correspond with the WWBS target area switch from Australia/South Pacific to Europe circa October 1999.
The confusion began with Mr Jossey the telling me (October 99) that 300 Poplar Street was the address to use ("the office"), I learned today from Mrs. Jossey that 300 Poplar Street is the transmitter site, that is why my October 16/99 reception report sat in the mailbox unanswered and rain soaked, eventually that report was returned to me and I called Mr Jossey, he verified the the report and QSLed a few weeks later.
Even today (May 25), Mr Jossey was very unsure of a correct address nor is he aware of the WRTH, he handed me over to Mrs. Jossey who confirmed the address problems. PO Box 18714 will be dropped!!! The PO Box 18174 has belonged to Mrs. Jossey for 11 years and will remain, PO Box 18714 was created by Mr Jossey around the time of the target area switch and will be dropped!
As it is currently and hopefully stands, at Mrs. Jossey's request today:
PO Box 18174 Macon Georgia 31209 USA (she offered yet another address, I will not mention, to avoid a repeat of the address problem) for all correspondence to WWBS. So please use: WWBS, PO Box 18174, Macon, Georgia, 31209, USA. At this point please do not consider any other address, unless you hear from Mrs. Jossey!
I may apologize for any confession over the WWBS address problem. I did at the time and presently convey the information from the stations Owner(s)/Engineer verbatim. This should hopefully get the desired results for our fellow DXers. I have a E Mail address from Mr. Jossey(today),however in light of the past situation I will not post it here on HCDX or anywhere. If you wish that E Mail address please drop me a E Mail at n52w113@xxxxxxxxxxx and I would be glad to send that E Mail address, on a use at your own risk basis, as I have not verified it.
In reference to this past situation, I will no longer publicly post information on station addresses or v/s's, I hope, you may see my point and reluctance. However, in the sprit of the hobby, I am always pleased to help our fellow DXers, in the future if you are have troubles with an address or need a report forwarded, please feel free to send me a private E Mail, I can check my records and hopefully help you out or send you to someone who can.
Please any further comments or questions regarding the WWBS address(s) or this current situation would be appreciated to: n52w113@xxxxxxxxxxx I would be glad to hear from you.
Wishing you all the best and good DXing. 73's and Good Bye,

Joe Talbot n52w113@xxxxxxxxxxx

It's not Poplar street and it's not Box 18714, but P.O. Box 18174.
Hoping we all could be a little bit more accurate in informing about these
things.
Per-Ole Stenman, Jakobstad, Finland