[HCDX]: "bloody missionaries"

Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 15:43:45 +1000
From: "MARTIN" <MartinCG@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HCDX]: Solomon Islands, etc from Victoria, BC

Hi from Brisbane,
Actually its the other way round here - may be because we are Down Under !! SIBC splatters onto Rebelde - hi !
How is your pidgin going. Those bloody missionaries created such a stupid
language 'Tok Pisin'.
Cheers, Chris Martin, Brisbane

Hi, just a greeting from an area of Germany where Johann Flierl was born, the first German missionary to Papua-Newguinea. I do not know whether those missionaries were "bloody", but according to my knowledge German missionaries did try to establish one of the local languages as their means of communication and failed. But maybe you think of your fellow-English-speaking British and Australian officials ruling the countries later on.73, Hj. Biener, DE-Amberg