[HCDX]: North Korean RTTY reception

NORTH KOREA 11536 Thanks to Glenn Hauser, I was able to tune into the North Korean central people's news agency (or whatever they're officially called) with 100% recovery using my MFJ-462B code reader set at RTTY 170 Hz shift, 50 Baud. Parallel 13580 is equally strong, at 1230 to North America. Although the African stream sounded very strong as well, I was unable to decode it on 8020 and 11476. Usual propaganda in English like "The U.S. war mongerers are describing the Korean war as,...". In view of the present interesting developments between North and South Korea, this service may be very interesting to monitor. I've hooked up an old Epson printer, so that I'm now able to wake up to the latest developments from North Korea, "hot off the press". If anyone is interested in a sample sheet of news, I'll gladly scan and email a copy to you. Just another fascinating aspect of our hobby! Thanks again, Glenn!

Walter R. Salmaniw, MD             email:  salmaniw@xxxxxxxx
Victoria, British Columbia    DXING FROM CANADA'S WEST COAST, using
CANADA                        premier radio receivers:

Rockwell/Collins HF-2050
(250) 592-1033 Collins R390A,ITT Mackay 3031A,
Racal RA.117, JRC NRD 535D, and
Kenwood R5000.