Re: [HCDX]: Opinions on Racal

Patrick

I owned one for a while about ten years ago, and wrote a review of it
for the 1991 edition of Fine Tuning's Proceedings. There's also a review
of it in the March 1958 issue of QST, if you have access to such things.
Overall, it's a nice rig.  The tuning mechanism is impressive, with 1
kHz resolution up to 30 kHz.  Sensitivity and selectivity are good.
Using it is equivalent to driving a classic car (65 mustang 57 chevy or
whatever), you can marvel at the engineering wonders of yesteryear,
although it lacks many of the bells and whistles of modern rigs.

I'm not sure what the L version is.  There seem to be several variations
with suffixes like UA and C12, but the differences seem to be minor.

Bruce