Re: [HCDX] 1430 drifter

Dear Chris,

MARTIN wrote:

Could one of the Finish DX'ers suggest who has drifted from 1431kHz to 1430kHz recently. I'm hearing a station like Iran there around 2030z but can't // it to the 1386kHz Iranian ??Chris MartinBrisbane (where the weather is perfect!)

Last night I noticed a Farsi-speaking station on 1430 kHz, most probably the same one you heard. I didn't wait for an ID, however, I can't think of any other Farsi-speaking stations than the Iranians. The most likely explanation is that the powerful IRIB transmitter (QTH listed as Esfafan), which is nominally on 1431 kHz, has drifted. I found no trace of 1386, but they should indeed be both transmitting the 1st national network.

73
Mika
Vantaa, Finland (where the weather is also perfect - but only for a few months of the year...)