[HCDX] Peru and Freedom of speech

>Theoretically, yes, but in today´s Peru this does not
>hold,
>as can be seen from the Peru report on
>http://www.cpj.org
>where there are several accounts of harassments of
>oppositional
>broadcasters and their staff, including that of R
>Marañón. .

It's true that freedom of speech in Peru is quite in
stake at these days...
The fact is this regime of "infortatorship" as
mentioned at the CPJ works not only because of the
threads the Intelligence Services might attempt, if
through the acceptance of many broadcasters that
rather support the actual status quo in order to
defend their own interest, as dxer Mika Makelainen
might have seen during his visit.
That's why the 4 Suyos parade has gotten little
attention from the tv and radio press... at least in
Lima.

About the intelligence, well, i have been victim of
that somehow. I got my house "secretly" surveilled
several times in 1995 and 1997.

Saludos desde Lima.

Moises Corilloclla.