[HCDX] UNID..4860 and 4925 and some antenna notes

[HCDX] UNID..4860 and 4925 and some antenna notes

This morning about 1330 I was hearing a station on 4860 with an unknown
language, might have been AIR but modulation was poor and it faded before I
could ID. Do AIR stations run parallel?, as I could hear 15020 and 10330
clearly. Also on 4925 was a Chinese possibly language station with a nice
signal, I couldnt find any frequency listing. RTM on 4895 was surprisingly
S+9 way past 7 am here in California. I was also wondering when is the best
time of year to go chasing Indian staitons?
    I have been doing some comparisons between my T2FD, a 60m dipole I
erected yesterday, and a 70 ft sloper with a MLB. The T2FD is the quiter
antenna but the dipole and sloper are not far behind. The 70 foot longwire
pulls in really good signal broadband and the dipole seems to hold its own
across the spectrum, really shining on 60 and 19m as expected. One anomaly
is that the T2FD and the sloper both seem to have a dead zone on 19 and 17 m
in the morning, and these antennas run opposite directions. One more
anomaly..I have a dipole cut for about 6300 khz, and it is connected to my
Racal, with that setup I can hear Pakistan on 25m but if I move the antenna
to the Drake no go, wonderful world of radios:).

Patrick

Drake R8, Racal RA17L
T2FD, various dipoles, 70 ft MLB sloper
Davis, Ca