RE: [HCDX] Logs from Silvi

Silvi wrote:

> MISCELLANEOUS SITES:  None of the three Armed Forces Radio SW frequencies
> were parallel to each other during two bandscan checks.  At 2340
> UTC August 8
> and 0015 UTC August 9 I noted the following:  6458 had a baseball
> game, 12689
> had music programming, and 10940 had News and Sports reports.
> The reported
> 4993KHz and 14MHz frequencies were not audible here in Northeast Ohio.
> (Silvi, August 8 and 9)

The reason for that is that the shortwave frequencies are direct
replacements for the corresponding DTS satellite feeds, intended for those
ships not yet equipped for DTS. Obviously there are different program
streams on the various circuits, so the HF transmitters will relay the one
intended for their particular region.

Although I work for Radio Netherlands, I am participating here on an
individual basis. Opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily
reflect the official position of Radio Netherlands.

Andy Sennitt