[HCDX] AFN on 4319 kHz

Hi folks,

4319 USB unknown-QTH 2335 American Forces Network (AFN). I heard this on a
mini-dxpedition to Rockport, Massachusetts (right on the Atlantic). Signal
was weak and had nasty QRM from nearby RTTY station. Playing music (Dave
Clark Five). Had Paul Harvey ("and now you know the rest of the story"
about microwave oven/tubes) at 2339 which was also on 12689.5 USB (Key
West, Florida). Not sure if parallel because of all the noise (and only
having one receiver on expedition). Heard 2335-2339 on 17 Aug 00.

Glenn Hauser/WORadio mentioned NPR website re: AFN on his show. I checked
NPR website. It said that 4319 will eventually be Diego Garcia. I can't
confirm this is the location I heard. The only clue I have that it MIGHT
be Diego Garcia is that I heard India(presumed) on 5010 kHz at 0049 UTC
with Indian woman singing.

Has anyone else heard AFN on 4319 kHz USB?

Paul McDonough
Medford, MA
(loggings from Rockport, MA)

p.s. Ghana was booming in on 3366 kHz with music and male announcer at
2313 UTC.