From: Guido Schotmans [mailto:gs@xxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 10:24 AM
To: hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [HCDX] 25949 kHz

Chuck,

> My Unidentified station on 25949 kHz turns out to be an auxiallary
> facility for a Broadcast station in Portland, Oregon.
> Please excuse my typo for the frequency in my earlier posting, the
> frequency is 25949 kHz for sure.

I have the following info on my webpage : http://gallery.uunet.be/gs/

25950
AM
Entercom Communications of Portland Washington with audio from following
stations
KNRK-FM 94.7 (Portland)

KKSN-AM, Portland OR

KIRO 710, Seattle WA
USA
Call:KPM556 Power: 100W. Tentative loc: 452920N 1224140W
A group of the following stations use this frequency:
KIRO 710, KNRK 94.7, KFXX 910, KGON, KKSN and KRSK. All in the
Oregon/Washington state area.

Recent verifications by e-mail QSL reported :
Chief Engineer is Larry Holtz, Engineering Shop E Mail: lholtz@xxxxxxxxx

Always on the air, but not always with modulation.

Some noted ID's :"Sunny 1520" or NRK and "94.7 FM"
"This is Sunny 15-20, KKSN-AM, Oregon City-Portland, the Memory Station."
[Note: 1520 has call KFXX-AM, while KKSN-AM is on 910]
ID as "News Radio 710 KIRO (pronounced like the Egyptian city!)

4700 SW Council Crest Dr, Portland OR

Copyright (c) 2000 Hard-Core-DX.com

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under
the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or any later
version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant
Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Text. A copy of the
license is available in http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.txt.