From: Andy Sennitt <andys@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2000 4:07 PM
Subject: RE: [HCDX] Chinese on 1377 with amazing strength

> Further to the report from Julius Hermans, I did a little bit of
searching
> on the Net, and found this item from the March 10 edition of
International
> DX Digest from the National Radio Club:
>
> "CHINA: I had a phone call yesterday evening at around 2030 from our
member
> Christoph Mayer in Germany to let me know that he was hearing China
on 1377
> kHz (// 7935 kHz). On the previous two evenings he had heard the
station
> after Ukraine signs off at 2230. [Martin A Hall in Medium Wave
Circle
> e-mail] The full message follows: "As I did not have have e-mail
access in
> the last two weeks (and will not have it in the next time very often
> (because I am staying at my parents house during university holidays
where I
> can DX but not e-mail:)) I had to call Martin Hall to forward my
message to
> this list (thanks Martin). I got the Chninese station on many days
in the
> last two weeks. But f/off is getting now more and more early
(22.30-2300.
> utc). Best conditions were at Feb 29th when I have logged stations
on
> 1377kHz, 1350kHz and 1350.43kHz. On both, 1377 and 1350kHz I got
ID's
> 'Zhonggou Yemin Guangbo Diantai' between 22:20 and 2250utc. On
1350.43 I
> only got a Time Sign at 23:00 utc and then news in CC. They seem to
> broadcast a standard identification every day at 22:30 consisting of
> military march music and the ID in CC given above. [Christoph Mayer
e-mail]"

> Copyright (c) 2000 Hard-Core-DX.com
>
> Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this
document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License,
Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software
Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no
Back-Cover Text. A copy of the license is available in
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.txt.