[HCDX] Information should be free

There have been a few debates here, and elsewhere about people using
information from other sources. And people getting upset about the use
of that information.

I agree that information used from a certain source should be credited
to that source. But on a realistic level I may have read a piece of info
a couple of weeks back, haven't kept the original, but then when someone
asks a question the answer comes to mind.

Certain publications restrict who is allowed to re-use the information
contained within them. I disagree with this policy, surely we are all
(or should be) after the same thing - valuable DX information. Who cares
where it comes from? By all means credit that news if you re-use. But
people who don't want their messages passed on or re-used, I suggest
they keep their news to themselves and let the rest of us get on with it
without politics and disagreements.

Richard