Re: [HCDX] Re: Radio Miami International

Re: [HCDX] Re: Radio Miami International

At 06:30 AM 10/7/2000 -0400, Robert Montgomery wrote:
I have always been a bit puzzled over the use of jammers.  I fully
understand the purpose of their use.  However, 9955 for example, I live near
Philly, PA and am on the back side of the xtmr in Miami and very rarely can
ever pull anything from the freq short of the jammer.  This a.m. a couple of
times I had thought I hrd some classical mx but could have been mistaken.  I
have often wondered what the point of all of this is if R. Miami broadcasts
programming and no one can hear it.  Yea, I know, thats the idea.  Seems the
only folks making out in the deal is the oil companies who supply the energy
to run the xtrms.  This has been going on for years now.  R. Miami never
changes freq and day after day the same thing.    What a herrific waste of
energy supplies and money on both parts.  I sometimes think this is a battle
to see who has enough money to continue this nonsense.  First one out of oil
looses.

I think this is a sensitive point to Jeff White at RMI. I posted a couple of years back that, during a cruise which circumnavigated Cuba, reception of RMI was dreadful, and in my opinion totally unuseable. Jeff W. shot back with claims of many listeners on the island who have contacted the station claiming excellent reception. To put it mildly, I was sceptical...........Walt.