[HCDX] European MW reception from Alberta

[HCDX] European MW reception from Alberta

On the weekend of Oct 7-9 Don Moman, Mickey Delmage, Joe Talbot and myself
participated in a listening session at Don Moman's location at Lamont,
northeast of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.  The antenna employed was a
beverage of about 500 metres aimed at Europe.  October 9th brought one of
the best mediumwave European openings of recent years.  Interestingly,
longwave was inferior to the previous night, when no audio was heard from
Europe on MW.

Thanks to Joe Talbot for getting our catches to HCDX promptly, as I knew I
wouldn't be able to.  Now I've made a first pass through the tapes, here
are a few more details on our European MW loggings.

1098	SLOVAKIA, Nitra	0343	Oct 9
	Radio Slovensko, with man and woman hosting music program, with
interviews.  One of 	the strongest European signals.

1116	ITALY, Radiodue	0412	Oct 9
	Tentatively the one with song by a man, then what I'm pretty sure was
Italian talk
	by a woman.

1134	CROATIA, Zadar	0304	Oct 9
	Presumed the one in a Slavic language with end of news, into pop/dance
	tune.

1188	HUNGARY, Marcali	0308	Oct 9
	Radio Free Europe programming in Slavic language with speech by aman, then
folk
	music.  RFE ID by a woman just prior to 0330 s/off.

1197	GERMANY, Munich	0316	Oct 9
	Talk by a man in a Slavic language.  Not sure if this was a VOA or RFE
program.

1206	FRANCE, Bordeaux	0405	Oct 9
	Program promo, several mentions of "Bleue".  Signal was in, often at very
good 	levels, for over an hour.

1215	UNITED KINGDOM, synchros
	Virgin Radio, with pop music, several ads, including one for Virgin Trains.

1233	unID			0436	Oct 9
	In for a couple of minutes with a man speaking in an eastern European
language.  	Possibly Czech Rep?

1323	GERMANY, Wachenbrunn	0445	Oct 9
	Religous porgram in German.  Woman gave an address in Wurzburg near the
end of the
	program.  Then followed Voice of Russia interval signal, and sign on in
English at
	0500.

1377	FRANCE, Lille		0338	Oct 9
	Presumed France Bleue with woman speaking in French.  Only audible for a
couple of 	minutes, with lots of splatter from 1380.

1395	NETHERLANDS, Lopik	0357	Oct 9
	Business News 1395 with great signal off and on for about half an hour,
with an 	internet feature, quotes from Wall Street Journal etc.

1467	FRANCE, Roumooules	0353	Oct 9
	Tentatively Trans World Radio with religious program in German.  Faded
just before
 	0400, and heard tones prior to another station signing on at 0400.

1548	unID			0324	Oct 9
	Bits of audio with talk by a British-accented announcer.  Audio came up
again at 	0340, but then with a play, with American accents, so can't be
certain it was the
	same station.