[HCDX] Radio Mariya 7030 - Pirate ???

bjorn fransson wrote:
> Hi,
> I observed Radio Maria, the Polish Catholic station, on 7030 kHz between 19
> and 20 hrs UTC today (Oct 30th). Very bad reception at first, but improving
> until good strength at 20 hrs. CWQRM on the frequency as well. Does anybody
> know what transmitter site they use here? It sounded really far away at
> first - or a radio amateur equipment of any kind?
> Best wishes from Bjorn Fransson, Gotland, Sweden

'CWQRM on the frequency as well' - this 'Radio Mariya' is the QRM !!! 7000-7100
is the 40m hamband. They should get the heck out of it !!! I wonder if this is
a legal operation, really - the poles should know better !!!

73 de Thomas, DL4OBN, FISTS #6402

RX: Collins R-390/URR, Racal RA-1776, TS-570D
ANT: 40m Windom, Delta Loop, T2FD, random wires