[HCDX] Re: [mwc] DXing at the transmitter site

[HCDX] Re: [mwc] DXing at the transmitter site

Hi Karel,

> Unfortunately I had no tape recorder with me, so I could not tape what
> seemed to be an ID at 1800 UTC. A very clear signal again (that is not usual
> at full hour, is it?) and although the woman did not say "HLAZ" exactly, I
> think I noticed "Asea" in her announcement. Then an IS followed - tones
> played on electronic instrument. I could transcribe them as this:  _ _ - _ -
> (low line is low tone and vice versa).

Amazing story. I heard HLAZ this autumn here for the very first time. I
have been trying this for years, always in vain. But this year is
definitely favourable for HLAZ.

When I was in Denmark in September I could hear HLAZ on the K9AY like
the proverbial local. I made several recordings, and I will send you an
realaudio-file of their IS. What I noted several times is, that they
play a little tune on top of the hour, which sounds like the song
"Malaika". Have you noted that, too?  You can listen to that recording
on www.intervalsignals.com too.

For the two different languages I have no explanation.

Greetings,
Martin