Re: [HCDX] Religion Info

> I am in the process of putting some information
> about various religions that can be heard on
> shortwave on my website. I have much more info to
> put online and I am interested in the following:
>
> -program skeds and frequencies
> -info on program sponsors and announcers
> -email, snail mail, website info
> -their philosophy (any and all)
> -whatever else seems relevant

As I am sure you are aware, 99% of religious broadcasts on SW are Christian.
Nonetheless, here are a couple of Hindu programs on Toronto-area AM
stations:

"Bhajanawali" http://www.bhajanawali.com/ on CJMR-1320, Mississauga, ON.
Sundays, 1800 EST/2300 UTC.  Program consists of bhajans (devotional songs,
usually in Sanskrit or Hindi), sermons, and talks on the Bhagavad Gita.
Program is usually 50-50 Hindi/English.  Real audio is available on website.

"Hindu's Hour of Inspiration", on WTOR-770 Youngstown, NY.  Sundays, 0800
EST/1300 UTC.  Usually entire program is in EE, except for the Sanskrit and
Hindi bhajans.  No website, that I know of.  Almost all of WTOR's
brokered-time ethnic programs are targeted to Toronto.

73
Mike Brooker
99 Wychcrest Ave.,
Toronto, ON  M6G 3X8