From: steve.whitt@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 16:51:46 +0000
To: mwc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [mwc] UK LPAMs BFBS

Paul Bowery wrote:

BFBS Northern Ireland - three more LPAM transmitters have been installed on
1287 kHz - at Shackleton Barracks, Ballykelly (Co Londonderry), Lisnakelly
Barracks, Omagh (Co Tyrone) and RAF Aldergrove (Co Antrim). The main outlet
at Thievpal Barracks, Lisburn is also on 1287 kHz.

Observed at Sheigra: During local programming BRBS Lisburn announces
coverage of Aldergrove, Omagh, Ballykelly and Lisburn, so if there are
separate transmitters the programming appears to be run as a network.

I'm not sure if the network was on air since no echo/delay was audible on
1287kHz.

Local programmes observed before 0900 local and after 1000 local (between
0900-1000 programme seemed to be a BFBS network show. Weekend mornings were
BFBS network shows.

Web site gives following local programmes:
Monday to Friday
0700-0900
Lee Randell
1000-1300
Roger Woods
1700-1900
Drive at Five

Monday Only
1900-2200
The UK Top 40

Saturday
1200-1400
Northern Ireland Calling with Lee Randell
73
Steve