[HCDX] BBC Radio Gloucester on odd 1493.5

[HCDX] BBC Radio Gloucester on odd 1493.5

Thanks to a tip from Tim Bucknall on the MWC Newsgroup I am hearing
BBC Radio Gloucester right now(nov. 21st 0830 UTC) on the rather odd
frequency of 1493.5. This is really amazing! This must be some sort of
transmitterspur or whatever! Normally BBC Gloucester only broadcasts
on 1413!

There is a strong heterodyne when tuning to 1494 and after directing
my antenna (trying to nul France Bleue and an other programme in
French on 1494) I have managed to hear BBC Radio Gloucester on this
really strange frequency! Px was in // to its nominal 1413 and there
was an item on traveling with train(commuters). At 08.30:52 I got a
full Gloucester-ID on 1493.5.
The signal strength on 1493 here in the eastern part of the
Netherlands equals 1413 and because of the fact that there is less QRM
from the west on 1493 the overall reception quality is better! So,
this could be an opportunity for us European DX' ers(On 1413 Premier
radio from London causes interference).It really is amazing and
interesting that the station is heard with equal strength on this freq
of 1493,5. So this might be a chance for you all out there hunting the
MW-bands!
Thanks for this tip Tim

Julius hermans
Breedenbroek
Netherlands
Lowe HF-225 + home-built 1x1 m loopframe