FW: [HCDX] BBC R Gloucestershire on 1493.5 kHz

Mark Hattam wrote:

>BBC R Gloucestershire is currently radiating a strong spurious emission on
>1493.5 kHz.

>This is propagating very well, and has already been logged in Denmark,
>Holland and at Sheigra. Engineers at the station know about the problem and
are working to rectify it.

I'd be interested to know where in Holland it has been logged. Here I get
the second harmonic of Flevo 747 at around S1 on 1494kHz, and there's
absolutely no trace of any heterodyne on the frequency. Which either means
they've fixed it already, or I need to get myself a decent antenna :-)

Although I work for Radio Netherlands, I am participating here on an
individual basis. Opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily
reflect the official position of Radio Netherlands.

Andy Sennitt