[HCDX] Re: Log from Sao Paulo

Hi Noel,

> I heard clear identification as Radio Aparecida.
> Does this station broadcast programmes from Radio Curitiba ...

You're absolutely RIGHT and Im sorry about the mistake.

> Radio Cultura 6170 has also been heard occasionally around 0730UT, but it does not seem to be on air every day at that time...

Yes, The 'Radio e Televisão Cultura' of Sao Paulo s/off about 0300 UTC.

This station is our REAL public broadcast service. Many high level
programms
are produced by this sation. For example, the TV team won again the EMMY
International TV Award in 2000!

These are some info of the station, from www.tvcultura.com:

"The Padre Anchieta Foundation - Center for Educational Radio and
TV of Sao Paulo, erected by the Sao Paulo State Government in 1967,
is an entity of private law that enjoys intellectual, political and
administrative autonomy. The Padre Anchieta Foundation is financed
through legally established budget endowments and incorporates a
television station - TV Cultura - and two radio stations - Cultura
AM  and Cultura FM.

Inspired by its founders, the broadcasting stations of the Padre
Anchieta Foundation are state nor commercial entities. They are
public stations whose principal objective is to offer Brazilian
society information of public interest and to promote the
educational and cultural development of its viewers and listeners,
aiming at the qualitative transformation of society".

The TV won agai the EMMY International Award.

The radio transmition have two main streams: the AM and FM, with relays
in Short Waves bands:

** RADIO CULTURA AM **
Popular Brasilian Music

Medium Wave Station
Call: ZYK 520
QRG: 1200 kHz
ANT: Triangular tower of 70 meters high and sides of 60 cm.
TX System: A main transmitter, Phillips, of 50.000 Watts and a spare
transmitter of 10.000 Watts.
Located in Parque Novo Mundo, Sao Paulo.

Short Waves Stations - relays of AM programms

CALL: ZYE 961
BAND: 16 meters
QRG: 17815 kHz

CALL: ZYE 960
BAND: 31 meters
QRG: 9615 kHz

TX system:  Bipolar, medium wave/nation and international
direction/transmitter with 7.500 Watts.

** RADIO CULTURA FM **
Classical/Jazz/World music

Frequency Modulation Station
Call: ZYD 820
QRG: 103,3 MHz
TX System: Stereo HARRIS transmitter of 35 kW and omni-
directional antenna. 01 Spare transmitter, make RCA, of 20 kW.
Located in Av. Cr. Arnaldo, next the TV Transmiters

Short Wave Station - relay of the FM programms

CALL: ZYE 959
BAND: 41 meters
QRG: 6170 kHz
Power: 20 kW

** CULTURA TELEVISION **

Call: ZYB 851
QRG: Channel 2 american standart frequencies
Power: 60 kW (devoted to Sao Paulo City Metropolitan area)

Several re-txers and stations in network, covering
many brazilian states. Only in Sao Paulo State more than
395 cities receives the station via VHF/UHF. Also via Satellite
(BRASILSAT) and by cable.

Contacts:

RTC - RADIO AND TV CULTURA OF SAO PAULO
Fundação Padre Anchieta - Centro Paulista de Rádio e TV Educativas

    Rua Cenno Sbrighi, 378 - Água Branca
    São Paulo - SP
    CEP 05036-900 - Caixa Postal 11.544
    Brazil
    Phone: (+ 55 11) 3874-3122 - Fax: (+ 55 11) 861-2014

TV Cultura
    Viewer Service: atende@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (+ 55 11) 3874-3273
    Press: ass.imp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Technical Management: gt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Webmaster TV Cultura: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rádio Cultura AM (and SW relays)
    Rádio Cultura AM listener service:radioam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    (+ 55 11) 3874-3081
    Cultura AM production - prodam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rádio Cultura FM (and SW relays)
    Rádio Cultura FM listener service:
    radiofm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (+ 55 11) 3874-3082
    Cultura FM production - prodfm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The main source, with a lot of others infor at:

http://www.tvcultura.com.br/

Thanks for your e-mail and have nice DXing !!!!!!!!!

Al Archangelo
py2zx@xxxxxxxxx