[HCDX] Loggings from Queen Charlotte Is, B.C., Canada

[HCDX] Loggings from Queen Charlotte Is, B.C., Canada

MOZAMBIQUE 7120 Voice of Truth. What a difference a day makes! At 1700 dead air until 1701, then African singing until 1704 with heavilly accented woman. Not even sure if it was English. "7120 Khz" heard. Followed by another woman not in English. At 1706 program about HIV and papilloma virus, with comment that younger and younger women are being infected. At 1709, canned ID in English, "Write to us, Radio V of Peace (not Voice of Peace, or might have been V of P), with Harare address. Overall a good signal. At 1730 lost to Chinese station.
(Salmaniw, 26 December Queen Charlotte Is, BC).

Folks, I'm not doing very well here. As Glenn Hauser pointed out to me, it's not Voice of Peace or Voice of Truth, rather Voice of the People via RNW's transmitters in Madagascar. I guess the address I heard threw me. They must have said "Radio V of P ", or "Radio VOP". I'll have to check the tape. Unfortunately when I post, I'm away from the listening post, and my references. My apologies for the confusion!.........Walt.