FW: [HCDX] DRM web site

> What would you like on the DRM web site www.drm.org , Catherine will be
> pleased to oblige so please post your requests (I really did not
> "complain"):

Some words of explanation may be appropriate here:

DRM is a consortium of broadcasters, equipment manufacturers and other
media-related organisations. It is, of necessity, run by committees since
its membership is worldwide. The content of the DRM Website is determined by
what these committees, and individual members, choose to submit. When the
DRM Web site first started, it was run on behalf of DRM by Radio
Netherlands, and I was the Webmaster. My experience showed that it's not
easy to get people to submit updates in a timely manner. I remember waiting
6 weeks for a report of one of the meetings. All the people involved have
full-time responsibilities within their own organisations.

The DRM Administrator/Webmaster cannot generate his/her own material as it's
all highly technical stuff. The current site is essentially a
business-to-business site to attract more members to the consortium. But now
that the tests have reached phase 3, some of the DRM members (including
Radio Netherlands) feel it's time for the consortium to start spreading the
gospel to the "general public", i.e. the listeners for whose ultimate
benefit all this is intended.

I am having an ongoing dialogue with colleagues working within DRM with a
view to presenting end-user information in a more easily accessible manner.
The feature we published last week in the Media Network Webzine was a first
step to finding out what SWL's and DXers want to know about DRM. I think
Catherine's response shows that she too is aware of the wider public
interest in DRM. So now is an excellent time to let DRM know of your
interest.

Andy Sennitt
Media Network
Radio Netherlands