[HCDX] From Johan Berglund, Trollhattan, Sweden

[HCDX] From Johan Berglund, Trollhattan, Sweden

A few notes from Trollhättan, Sweden - Johan Berglund

4319u  24 Jan   1900  The AFN-station here is indeed heard, but a taped CW message, reportedly from Italy and repeated over and over again is turning the programming of AFN into mincemeat.

7100 24 Jan   -1830  The Voice of the Broad Masses of Eritrea, Asmara was very good today, even  before 1800 when Minsk was on 7105. So why not Diego Garcia on 4319?

(In 1969 I heard Asmara on 1475, it was the 250 watt AFRS-Asmara transmitter, and even got a QSL from that station (Kagnew Base). Then revolutions and cold war politics made the U.S. leave Africa's Horn, and as far as I remember the communications center the U.S. had there was eventually moved to Diego Garcia, in what year, I cannot tell, mid 70's ? Quite a coincidence to log Asmara and Diego Garcia on the same evening, and reaching out for a dusty old QSL file, I read  Sergeant First Class Therman A. Baker's letter from Asmara for the first time in 30 years or so.)

6458.5u  22 jan AFN, Puerto Rico very enjoyable reception. Left normal programming as they said at 00.00 for an AFN Sports Presentation. From Madison Square Garden, college basketball, Mighty Hurricanes of Miami vs. Red Storm of St. John. Must have been a windy game..

12689.5u 23 Jan 0030 AFN, reported to be Florida did not carry the same px as 6458.5u.  Elvis Presley.

5765u 23 Jan 2055 AFN here too, but very much qrm-ed.

I know that many of you guys report the AFN station by e-mail. Is it the address in the WRTH 2001  you use, or have you got something even better?

15105-15120 and around there  23 Jan, sorry not a trace of the Gift of Hope, but at 1200 UTC  HCJB in EE for NA on 15115 was heard well.

9335   22 Jan 2025 Radio Thailand WS, French px, at 2030 13 minutes in English. Voa in Arabic on 9330 (Kavala ?) could be tricked away completely. QSA 3 for Bangkok, 4 for Voa.  New frequency for Thailand, I don't think they even mentioned it, just the 25 mb.

A few older ones :

4200 18 Jan -16.18  The Kurdish (?) station here signed off after "The International" workers'  song. QSA 2.

4175 18 Jan  1645 Probably another CLA for Kurdistan. They used the old march
"Alte Kameraden" between two propaganda blocks.

4085 18 Jan 1653 This one was  actually id-ed here : Voice of Iraqi Kurdistan. QSA 2-3.

73 de JB