[HCDX] Cuba & the Dominican Rep

CUBA (?) 17720, China Radio Int'l; noted this on Jan. 28,
1520-1558*, as per G. Hauser's log a few days prior in HCDX.
Signal here was rather weak, with muffled audio EG prgming
till 1558*.  No parallels located.  Signal had the kind of
flutter not unlike WYFR-Okeechobee's 15 and 17 MHz freqs
(skip-over at my short distance from the transmitter site).
But inconclusive as to whether actually from Cuba based
solely on my observation.  If from Cuba, would strongly
suggest it is from the new Chinese-built (two years old)
transmitting and monitoring facility, DFed by the FCC at
22.56.00 N, 82.23.00 W (near Bejucal), as opposed to the
Batua site for most RHC SW transmitters.  (Krueger-FL)

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 5009.78, unidentified (via R Cristal),
*1101-1141 Jan. 28, open carrier noted here before 1100,
finally into vocal DR anthem from 1101, M uncopiable ID
("Radio...") at
1104, refs to "AM... estereo," followed by lots of ads for
stores mostly in Santo Domingo, then into SP ballads and SP
pop vocals from 1107+, with occasional ads, a couple of
recorded "Desde Santo Domingo" drops, and M live anncr.
Music was always clear, but the voice was always distorted.
Don't recall ever hearing Cristal local mornings, and this
was a very different format from Cristal's all-bachata
canned style.  Wonder if they are relaying another Santo
Domingo station in the mornings now?  Good, except for the
distortion.  However, gone (blocked) by the Chinese station
on 5010 at 1200+ recheck.  (Krueger-FL)

Visit my "Florida Low Power Radio Stations" at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~tocobagadx/flortis.html