[HCDX] A story of reception of KQWB 1660 kHz

[HCDX] A story of reception of KQWB 1660 kHz

Hi,
the aim of this mail is to find out how many times KQWB 1660 has been
catched in Europe.

My friend Ludek Kosek from Jablonec in the Czech Republic wrote me he heard
this North Dakotan station on DEC 24, 2000 at 0635-0657 UTC.
He sent me also a cassette. What I found there was a nostalgia music program
with a dual ID of 1480 WODX / 1660 WMIB.
Ludek says he heard a clear slogan "Star 16-60" (a slogan of KQWB). That is
what I have not found on the tape. So it seems he sent me a wrong cassette
and the righ one he retaped with Iceland 189 kHz - as he says now...
But - Ludek sent a report to KQWB and got a QSL letter signed by Briad
Whaled.

I think I saw KQWB reported only once by a crew in Sheigra, marked the
British First.
Does anybody know if this station has been reported in Europe more often,
especially on DEC 24, 2000 ?

I would wish Ludek such a rare catch, but I am a bit affraid it is another
"cheap" QSL issued by Briad Whaled ?

GOOD DX,
Karel Honzik
the Czech Republic