[HCDX] Observations from Trollhättan, Sweden

[HCDX] Observations from Trollhättan, Sweden

A few observations
from Johan Berglund, Trollhättan, Sweden

1557 12 feb  1536 WYFR, Taiwan , Chinese, from 1600 English.
1557 12 feb  1557 Studio Radio Osijek, Osijek, Croatia . Dull studio talk at 1615.
These two stations were changing places at the S-meter top rate during  an hour or
so. Radio Blue and UK stations in the background.

1660 12 feb 0540 WIMB, Marco Island, FA with oldies and evergreens. SIO 243

3270 13 feb 0255 WWFV, Gainesville, GA. This id was at 0259. A pulse qrm, and
for some minutes one of those ladies reading letters and numbers. Kilo Papa Alfa Two, repeatedly.  I have never understood or even read what they really are. Is KPA2 some kind of id.? QSA 3, QRK 4 for the US station which was very much "anti-Big Brother."

3360 11 feb 0240  La Voz de Nahualá, Guatemala with a wonderful mix of Central American music. "El Alma de Mi Tierra", the program was called. QSA 2-3. This night there were also fair signals but devilish QRM on  3250 and 3300.

5000 12 feb  0130 Venezuelan time station Obseravatorio Nacional Cacigal, a frequent guest here.

5000 13 feb 1540  A time station which does not fit with anything I have heard before. A female said, exactly on the minute the time in UTC, just that, like 15, 43. Not one more syllable. In between nothing else. No pulse detected. Just a on-the-minute voice announcement.  WWVH was there too, with  the female voice : "At the tone...", but much weaker.

6045 12 feb 1340 Unid, AIR I think I heard them say. Pop music in Asian language. Not // to 10330.

9965 12  feb 2030 Radio Armenia International (German px) and Radio China
International (Italian px) on the same frequency, spewing out megawatts. Do these stations really monitor in a professional way their own transmissions in the target areas ? The use of the same frequency as in this case,  will just make prospective
listeners sick.

10330  all afternoons here. State-owned All India Radio with nationwide programme in Hindi. In recent years I  hear  they  are commercial as well.  At 1500 on Feb 8 there was a  15 minutes  programmes for the small ones. You know,  the common words in  million's of Indian homes would be said  "Now listen to this program, then off to bed!". (2030 local time in India).

What would chock  fundamentalist Swedish social democrats and other leftwingers  (their basic instinct being to rid people of all their assets and care for them in every aspect of life)  would have been  to hear that just before and after the children's program, there was an advertisment for Black & White Whisky (or "víckie" as the pronounciation sounded like).

Advertisements for liqour, wine and beer* is not allowed in Sweden.  All  advertising  aimed at children is banned by law.       *but for a beer-like almost non-alcoholic brew, that does not deserve the name beer

15580 12 feb  2050 Many DX-ers probably use the Domestic Broadcasting Survey, editor Anker Petersen of DSWCI. I had my eyes resting on the cover of 2nd Edition 2000, while listening to VoA in E. Suddenly I realised that I was hearing  a feature exactly about the cover photo, Johannesburg Goldmine workers wearing rubber boots dancing. Voa called this "Gumboot Dancing" and gave the whole background story. What  a coincidence!

  73 JB