Re: [HCDX] Propman 2000

Hi Enzio

I'm not sure where to find the Collins program, either.  But there is a
similar public domain software package that includes VOACAP (which VOA
uses for propagation predictions).  I believe it was originally
developed for the US military and first ran on mainframe computers, then
later modified for personal computers.  It can be downloaded for free
from http://elbert.its.bldrdoc.gov/hf.html and runs on Windows 95/98/NT.

There are also two other prediction models (ICEPAC & REC533) in the
package along with antenna modelling software.  It's very powerful,
allowing you to adjust many different parameters and see the results as
coverage maps or in tabular form.

For once, my tax dollars were spent on something useful!

Bruce