[HCDX] 6937 & 6973

Sorry, disregard last message re 6973 and/or 6937 as I've mixed the whole thing up. I erred in my last message.

Let's start all over

I have
on 6973 Galei Hazal very good signal, booming,  24 Feb 2345, and

on 6937 unid "Chinese" station  good, at 24 Feb 2346.

It was a tape on the 6937 station  I sent to that university a couple of days ago.

Both frequencies are stored on adjacent numbers in the rx, could have been that I triggered the
wrong number once or twice. That's not an excuse, perhaps an explanation.

On 3279.6, Feb 24 0225 unid in S, carnival program, Andean music, and I waited for the
id. when this now famous pulse comes on. I tried to find the freq. where the S-meter peaked,
and it was not on 3.390. Rather 3200A. The pulse was heard from 3060 to 3325  kHz, and the
Guatemala station on 3300, heard most nights, was actually stronger than the pulse. But it clearly
ruined reception on 3280 with a promising program.

No sincere monitoring of the "pulsar" has been made this end. It's just there, making a pause for
a few minutes, then back. No detailed log  written down.

This is all I have about the pulse, and  reading about it for the first time in HCDX, I just shook my
head in disbelief. New developements in this matter will be followed with interest. If we have a new
"woodpecker" problem ahead, it looks bad for DX-ing on SW.

When  looking for this pulse  at 0405 (still Feb 24) I heard  a weak station with a muslim prayer on 3340.
QSA 2, and a sudden s/off at 0408.  What ??

6235  Feb 24, 1930  The St. Petersburg station extremely strong. The word"Gardarika" just heard once, but ads for Club Metro and Bar Novesti kept streaming in. And Russian rock. (I don't speak Russian, but I always thought that Novesti was a bank, not a bar......) Surely this must be something that  you can easily hear over there.

Today I installed a scanner, and of course there were both software and hardware problems. My cat, absent for 6 days returned, looking as if he  had been petting with some harvest machinery. Otherwise, a very fine day.

73 Johan Berglund, Trollhättan, Sweden