[HCDX] World document converted to plain text

[HCDX] World document converted to plain text

Hello !

This my own MW Logbook with all the chatches since October 2000 up to
today on the medium-wave (AM) band. I would like to make it avalable on
the Hard-Core-DX and then many Hard-Core-DX members will help me to sort
out some unID catches when they will read my message that I have on my
logbook. I have enclose some program details, so some members may help me.

Appologies for my mistake of sending a world file. I think that the World
version I am using is too recent and not compatible too many Hard-Core-DX
users.

I have a new computer made in 2000, so the World version that many
participants use is from 1995 or 1997. I have converted it to plain text.
Here is what it`s look like:

                                       My MW Logbook
                                                (part 1)

QTH: Pierrefonds, Quebec, Canada

526 ZLS - CW beacon (Stella Maris, Bahamas)
530 Radio Visíon Cristiana (South Caicos, Turks and Caicos)
530 CIAO (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
532 Radio Visíon Cristiana (South Caicos, Turks and Caicos)
540 CBEF La première chaîne de SRC (Windsor, Ontario, Canada)
540 XEWA Super Estelar (Monterrey, Mexico) presumed with SS talk
550 CHLN Radio Média (Trois-Rivières, Quebec, Canada)
550 WDEV (Waterbury, Vermont, United States of America)
555 ZIZ (Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis)
570 WMCA (New York City, New York, United States of America)
570 CMEA Radio Reloj (Pilon, Cuba)
580 CFRA NewsTalk 5-80 (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
580 WKAQ Radio Reloj (San Juan, Puerto Rico)
580 unID ?ESPN Radio? net. ID and sports (United States of America)
590 CKRS Radio Média (Jonquière, Quebec, Canada)
590 unID, american pops over another unID station, both over usual
       CKRS (Canada or United States of America ???)
590 Carraibben-FF talk about religion, sounding like creole a little bit.
       First heard on Novemeber 4, 2000. A month later in December, I
       have heard again them with the same format. Yesturday, on Sun-
       day March 4, again with carraibbean-FF music, similar to socca-
       EE carraibbean mx that I sometimes hear on ZIZ-555 and a man
       in FF-creole talking about god. Is it Radio4VEH ????
595 unID, weak carrier here with a few slops (Dominica ???).
600 CMKV Radio Rebelde (Urbano Norris, Cuba)
600 YVQB Radio Sucre (t) (Cumana, Sucre, Venezuela) a tentative
       catch with ?Feliz Navidad? vocals by a man over/under CMKV.
       It was well under CMKV Urbano Norris at the ID moment, so
       under that it was to hard-to-copy. I have?n?t listen carefully
       throught the Fidel Castro monologues to see if in the back-ground
       there are some Radio Sucre ids, so it?s remains a tentative catch.

                                      My MW Logbook
                                               (part 2)

600 WICC (Bridgeport, Connecticut, United States of America)
610 WIP (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America)
610 HJ?? Radiodifusora Nacíonal de Colombia (Urbia, Colombia)
610 CMMA Radio Rebelde (Guantanamo, Cuba) // CMKV-600
620 WVMT (Burlington, Vermont, United States of America) verry
       strong in Pierrefonds, day and night
630 CHLT Radio Média (Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada)
630 WPRO (Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America)
630 CFCO (Chattam, Ontario, Canada)
630 WSKN La Super Cadena (San Juan, Puerto Rico) heard first time,
       back in late December 2000, with La Super Cadena jingle in mess
630 CMOA Radio Progreso (Isla Juventu, Cuba) 2 // noted
640 CMBC Radio Progreso (Guanabacoa, Cuba) // CMDZ-890
640 YVQO Union Radio (Puerto La Cruz, Anzoàtegui, Venezuela) it?s
       fairly easy to hear them, if there is no QRM from CMBC
650 CKAC (Montreal, Quebec, Canada) image from CKAC wich is on
       730, but there is a weak image on 650 wich is better heard during
       the day when there is no co-channel QRM from WSM and other
       distant radio stations.
650 unID, 2 spanish stations mixing on this frequency, one talking and
       the other playing merengue music. Both over WSM. (Dom Rep ?)
650 WSM (Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America) country
660 WFAN (New York City, New York, United States of America)
670 WSCR (Chicago, Illinois, United States of America)
670 YVLL Radio Rumbos (Caracas, Distrito Federal, Venezuela)
670 WWFE La Poderosa (Miami, Florida, United States of America)
670 CMQ Radio Rebelde (Arroyo Arrenas, Cuba)
680 WRKO (Boston, Massachussets, United States of America)
690 CBF La première chaîne de SRC (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
690 CINF Infos 690 (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
700 unID, too much splash from CINF to copy this one. However the
       50000 watts station called WLW is highly presumed.
710 WOR (New York City, New York, United States of America)

                                  My MW Logbook
                                           (part 3)

710 CKVM (Ville-Marie, Quebec, Canada)
710 Radio Rebelde (synchrous, Cuba)
720 unID, some splash from CKAC make this too difficult to under-
       stand for me. This may have been WGN from Chicago, Il., USA.
730 CKAC Radio Média (Montréal, Québec, Canada)
740 CHWO Prime Time Radio (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
750 YVKS RCR (Caracas, Distrito Federal, Venezuela) the easiest ve-
       nezuelan to hear and among the easiest LAms, competiting with
       WSB at times, but mostly alone on that channel over WSB.
750 WSB (Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America) mixing with
       YVKS, mostly under them, but it can be a powerhorse during
       bad conditions to Latin America that weakens YVKS RCR.
760 WCHP (Champlain, New York, United States of America)
760 HJAJ RCN (Barranquilla, Colombia) it?s there almost every night
       and it?s the only RCN station that I can get on a regular basis at
       my QTH, in Pierrefonds. The WJR QRM is verry easily nulled.
760 TI?? Radio Columbia (San José, Costa Rica)
760 WJR (Detroit City, Michigan, United States of America) it?s here
       almost every night with HJAJ easily nulled, when my radio is tur-
       ned to the west.
770 WABC (New York City, New York, United States of America)
770 HJJX RCN (Bogota, Colombia) heard only once during an auroral
       that have completely killed WABC, in // to HJAJ-760.
780 WBBM (Chicago, Illinois, United States of America)
780 YVMN Radio Coro (Coro, Falcon, Venezuela)
790 CIGM (Sudbury, Ontario, Canada)
800 CJAD (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
860 CJBC La première chaîne de SRC (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
880 WCBS (New York City, New York, United States of America)
890 CMDZ Radio Progreso (Chambas, Cuba) // CMBC-640
920 CKNX (Wingham, Ontario, Canada)
920 WHJJ (Providence, Rhode Islans, United States of America)
940 CBM CBC Radio 1 (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)

                                      My MW Logbook
                                             (part 4)

940 CINW 940 News (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
990 CKGM Oldies 990 (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
1010 CFRB (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) strong signal almost every
         night with WINS verry easily nulled
1010 WINS (New York City, New York, United States of America)
         strong signal almost every night with CFRB verry easily nulled
1030 WBZ (Boston, Massachussets, United States of America)
1040 CJMS (Saint-Constant, Quebec, Canada)
1040 WHO (tentative !) (Des Moines, Iowa, United States of America)
         with local CJMS nulled.
1050 CHUM (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) strong signal almost every
         night with WEVD verry easily nulled.
1050 WEVD (New York City, New York, United States of America)
         strong signal almost every night with CHUM verry easily nulled
1070 WLFE (Plattsburg, New York, United States of America) with
         country music
1130 WBBR (New York City, New York, United States of America)
1140 WRVA (Richmond, Virginia, United States of America)
1150 CJRC Radio Média (Gâtineau, Quebec, Canada)
1150 CKOC (Hamilton, Ontario, Canada)
1190 WLIB (New York City, New York, United States of America)
         with carribbean music and carribbean-EE DJs, it can be a power-
         horse in Pierrefonds. It is heard almost every night.
1200 CFGO The Team (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
1220 unID Radio Média station with hockey game // to local 730
         (unknown city, Quebec, Canada)
1230 unID Radio Média - Météo Média (weather jingle) over the gra-
         veyard mess, unknown city (Québec, Canada)
1230 american pop mx, fair-to-good over graveyarders (Canada ???)
1240 WSKI (Montpelier, Vermont, United States of America)
         heard twice: once at sunrise and the other once at sunset
1250 WEAE ESPN Radio (Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, United Sates of

America)
                                      My MW Logbook
                                               (part 5)

1260 WMKI Radio Disney (Boston, Massachussets, United States of

America) // 1550 and 1560
1270 Audio sounding like ranchera music, too much splatter from lo-
         cal CFMB to get good audio enough to ID. Niel of Toronto say
         that it can be WHLD from Niagara Falls, New York or WSPR
         from Springfield, Massachussets, both in the United States of
         America and both have spanish programs with ranchera music.
1280 CFMB Radio multi-culturelle (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
1300 unID ?ESPN Radio?, commercials ads, ESPN Radio ids and
         sports talk (United States of America)
1310 CIWW Oldies 1310 (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
1330 Radio Cadena 13-30 (unknown location) not //530 wich is si-
         mulcasting WWRV 1330 AM NYC. Commercial ad mentioning
         Boston.
1340 WMSA (Massena, New York, United States of America) fair
         signal during the day-time, before the other ?graveyarders? fade-

         in
1350 CKDO (Oshawa, Ontario, Canada) heard mixing with an unID
         oldies station. Fades from strong, to fair, to poor, to fair to
verry
         strong
1380 CKLC (Kingston, Ontario, Canada) with ID ?Lite Rock at 13-80,
         C-K-L-C? and adult contemporary easy-listening mx.
1380 WADO (New York City, New York, United States of America)
         spanish-speaking with ID ?A quí, Notícias 13-80?. Mostly strong
         with CKLC partly nulled. It can be heard on a regular basis here.

1400 WLLH (Lowel, Massachussets, United States of America) with
         SS program from time to time over the graveyard mess.
1440 WRRO (Warren, Ohio, United States of America)
1490 unID Over the huge ?graveyard? mess for 2 or maybe 3 minutes
         with a song by a nostalgic female vocal, then the announcer say
         some comments about the song and an ?AM 14-90 Que.?..? ID
         and then nostalgic vocal by a male, fair signal (Canada or United

States of America)
                                My MW Logbook
                                         (part 6)

1500 WTOP (Washington, District of Columbia, United States of

America) with news,
         traffic and weather repports
1520 WWKB (Buffalo, New York, United States of America) this use
         to be the Top 40 station WKBW wich switched it?s call-leters to
         WWKB and also switch from Top 40 mx to Bussiness Talk.
1530 WDJZ (Bridgeport, Connecticut, United States of America)
         I mistake this one for the brazilian Radio Cultura do Guarambi
         wich is also on 1530 with 500 watts and wich have been logged
         in the November 1996 DX-pedition to New-Foundland, since
         both stations are in portuguesse.
1530 WSAI (Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America)
1540 WPTR (Albany, New York, United States of America)
1550 CBE CBC Radio 1 (Windsor, Ontario, Canada)
1550 HJCB Radio El Sol (Barranquilla, Colombia) heard only once by
         me with good and steady signal, easy to understand married only
         by a few WQEW-1560 slops. Perphaps my best catch of a colom-
         bian station ever. Mostly ranchera and rumba LAm SS music, at
         the time I?ve heard them.
1550 WDZK Radio Disney (Bloomfield, Connecticut, United States of

of Ameica)
1560 WQEW Radio Disney (New York City, New York, United States

of America)
1600 WWRL (New York City, New York, United States of America)
         with R&B music and ID. Mixing with t Puerto Rico and Ecuador
1600 unID heard several times since October with spanish talk shows,
         religion and ranchera/salsa and sometimes rumba. Possibility of
         Ondas del Caluma from Caluma, Ecuador or Radio Intinan also
         from Ecuador. Noted mixing with WWRL and another unID SS
         ranchera mx stn. With this jumble of 3 stations it is verry hard
         understand who carries, except WWRL wich is EE R&B mx.
         The other SS is more likely WLUZ from Bayamo, Puerto Rico.
         WLUZ is heard on a regular basis as far as Europe by DX-ers.

                                    My MW Logbook
                                             (part 7)

1660 WWRU Radio Unica (Elisabeth, New Jersey, United States of

of America)
1680 WTTM (Princetown, New Jersey, United States of America)

                                     Countries logged:

1.   United States of America
2.   Canada
3.   Cuba
4.   Colombia
5.   Venezuela
6.   Turks and Caicos
7.   Puerto Rico
8.   Costa Rica
9.   St. Kitts and Nevis
10. Bahamas
11. Mexico (presumed !!!)
12. Dominican Republic (tentative !!!!)
13. Ecuador (tentative !!!!)
14. Dominica (tentative carrier !!!!)

                                     USA states logged:

1.   New York
2.   Vermont
3.   Massachussets
4.   Illinois
5.   Rhode Island
6.   Georgia
7.   Florida
8.   Tennessee
9.   District of Columbia
10. Connecticut
11. Ohio
12. Virginia
13. New Jersey
14. Pennsylvania
15. Iowa (tentative !)

                                   Canadian provinces logged:

1.   Quebec
2.   Ontario
                                     Venezuelan states logged

1.   Distrito Federal
2.   Falcon
3.   Anzoàtegui
4.   Sucre (tentative !!!!)

This logbook will change weekly, since I will add new stations that I
hear on it !!!!

Contributours that have helped me to identify unID stations:

Niel Wolfish (niel@xxxxxxxx)

Additional DX comments to my logbook :

The tentative dominican on 650 kHz with meringue music over WSM is
perphaps HIJ Radio Universal. It is one of the most reliable signals from
Dominican Republic on AM band in North America from the loggings that I
have seen on the web. The other spanish on 650 wich was heard mixing with
HIJ Radio Universal is almost certainly Co-lombia (RCN Antena Dos of
Bogota). The best way is to wait until another auroral opening that will
weaken WSM, to get an ID from this 2 stations and to have 11 countries
identified. I don`t have a tape recording of that to verify if it was
reallly HIJ Radio Universal. A will made a recording the next time I will
hear spanish on 650. It is possible that during a DX session, I don`t
listen with attention, but when I check throught my tapes if I listen with
good attention, I can hear the ID. It was the case for YVMN Radio Coro
(780 kHz). The signal was poor and have also a few slops from local 800
(CJAD), but as I listen my tape with big attention, I find the segment on
my recording with the Radio Coro jingle, the time check  and the ID
sounding like "Radio Coro AM, 24 horàs de su signal en el radio". Then I
have put them into my logbook. By the way, I have heard Radio Coro at
least 4 times during auroral and semi-auroral conditions as well. The last
time was during a beginning of December DX session. So, the same may
happen with HIJ Radio Universal of Dominican Republic. For instance,
Dominican Republic is still a tentative country on AM.

Now, after my entire logbook of domestic and international DX logs, a
comment about my tentative catch of Dominican Republic and my
country/states/provinces count, let?s take a closer years to my logs in
general. As you have see, the most logged country was United States of
America. The second country was Canada wich was of course the easier to
hear altough, as the canadian logs includes a number of local loggings,
but the americans were all heard at a distance. The other stations logged
were all from Central America, Carraibbean and South America. This foreign
stations are verry dominant below 800 kHz while above 800 kHz, my logbook
contains mostly canadian/american stuff. I have expected to hear more
distant stuff like some deep South-Americans, some trans-atlantics and
maybe even some trans-pacifics.
However, with the relativly intense solar activity, with crowded AM band
in North America and with my relativly limited set (only an AM/FM radio
with tape recorder and CD player), hearing further countries than
north-South Americans like Colombia and Venezuela
can be verry tough.