[HCDX] Logging from Victoria, BC

EUROPIRATE: 15069.94 Alfa Lima International was heard in AM, but seems LSB was strongest from tune-in at 23:58 UTC 24 March through past 0700 with mostly music and the occasional ID in English. Peaked strangely at 0431 with almost a good signal, but this lasted only some 2 to 3 minutes before fading to poor. No ID during this time frame. Played music from the Rocky Horror Picture Show at 0441. Asking for reports, so I sent them a .rm attachment. They responded that tonight they had had very few responses, so thanked me for my input. Did hear them a couple of weeks ago around UTC 17:30 with much better reception. No signs of Radio Nova, nor FRS of Holland on 9290 or 9295 around the same time. (Salmaniw, 25 March 2001. Victoria, BC).

SOUTH AMERICAN PIRATE 11.440 USB Radio Cochiguaz. Nothing heard at announced 0000, but easilly heard at 0100 recheck with usual Spanish programming. Always with the same poor to fair strength here. Signed off at around 01:33 with same tune (forgot the name...."I'd rather be a...then a ..., if I could, I would, etc...)played on a flute. Gone when rechecked at 01:40. (Salmaniw, 25 March 2001, Victoria, BC).

NORTH AMERICAN PIRATE Unid pirate broadcasting on a variable transmitter in AM mode with reasonably strong signal, but lots of static, so couldn't make out ID. At tune-in at 0417 was on 6953.70 with what sure sounded like Lord Ha Ha's (William Joyce's) last transmission from Berlin. Sure enough, this was confirmed at 0420. Followed by PSAs, including one for Smokey Bear. Drifted down to 6953.57 at 04:26 and to 6953.27 at 04:28. Program concluded at 04:57 announcing that the final program for the year would be next week. A California address was given. "See you next week" at 04:58:30 and off. (Salmaniw, 25 March 2001. Victoria, BC).

UKRAINE 13590 Pretty good reception on this frequency in English for Radio Ukraine International at 0041 tune-in, except for the ever present "space zapper" pulsatile intruder, which is heard here as well as many other areas from 60 to 12 meters. No parallels audible today, nor do I expect any to be normally audible at this early evening hour. Perhaps the latter 0300 transmissions will yield more parallels. (Salmaniw, Victoria BC, 27 March).

LITHUANIA 9875 No change in time or frequency for Radio Vilnius in English at 0047, with very good signal. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC 27 March).

MALAYSIA 15294.87 Somewhat dated, but still interesting. Heard in the clear with "Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Saleim Aleichum", at 17:40. Many English words used. I suspect this is Bahasa Malaysia, not Arabic that I have read somewhere. Reception over a couple of days monitoring was fair, but in the clear. I'm assuming that this transmitter is running at 10kw or less. (Salmaniw, Grayland WA DXpedition 17 March).