[HCDX] 1620 Melbourne

1620 kHz GB Radio has reactivated here in Melbourne, Australia. It is currently relaying 88.0 & 87.6 Hillside Radio.

Spoke to station manager Roger Thomas and he informs me that GB Radio programming will return in 2-3 months. They intend to do half day of GB Radio & the rest Hillside radio. Currently the station ID's as "Access Radio.. Hillside Radio" with a heap of community announcements. Has a mixture of oldies & modern pop. Station is currently only running 100w but will be back to 400w within 3 - 4 weeks. Groundwave signal is quite good at my QTH some 40km away.

The station is keen to get reception reports.
Address is P.O. Box 2160, Bayswater, Victoria, 3153
PH: 9720 9696

Roger also mentioned that 1693 kHz had recently been bought here in Melbourne by some other group. So expect transmissions soon.

Also noted 1503 3AK going back to programming after running a loop tape saying they had gone to 1116 kHz. This seems a bit weird. The station continues to ID as being on 1116 kHz.

Dave

David Onley - Australian Broadcast Band Dxer
32 Hutton Street, Thornbury, 3071, Victoria, Australia
Email: onleydw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx