RE: [HCDX] Unusuual Cx noted 1300 UT

Thanks for sharing your observations, Jerry.

I was DXing during the same 1200-1300 time frame from the Pacific NW USA,
but on the 90, 75, and 60meter tropical bands. I found the usual Papua New
Guinea and Indonesian stations to be virtually non-existent. The ABC
Australia stations on 120 meters were also absent; I can normally hear at
least weak audio from them. I also checked for ZXLA Levin, New Zealand but
couldn't even discern a het on their 3935 frequency.

Instead of the South Pacific Stations I found numerous Latin signals at good
levels. Since I'm not too interested in LAm DX, I didn't make an effort to
ID any of them, although I happened upon Voz del Napo, Ecuador, 3280 while
they were giving their ID. However, the quantity of the Latins on the
tropical bands was very unusual this morning. I can't recall the last time I
heard so many Latins from my location in the NW corner of the continental
US.

Did anyone else find conditions unusual for their receiving location?

Guy Atkins
Bonney Lake, WA USA
AR7030 / Wellbrook K9AY

http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.txt.