[HCDX] Cayman 1555

Re: Cayman Islands on 1555, this transmitter has been silent
for several years now.  Sometime back, I finally received a
reply as to the status from a station staffer, who said it
was off due to parts problems.  They had no intent of
reactivating due to having FM services in place.  There was
some discussion about selling the transmitter to a buyer
elsewhere in the Caribbean, but that never materialized.  As
for 1205 kHz, they let it limp along until it too wore out,
which was after 1555 went off.

Terry L Krueger
Clearwater, FL

Visit my "Florida Low Power Radio Stations" at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~tocobagadx/flortis.html