[HCDX] International Listener and AOL

Shortwave friends,

Sorry about the disappearance of International Listener for most folks over
the weekend.  Those who were able to "tune it" were apparently getting cached
pages from other cooperating servers on the internet.

To make a long story short, I changed from a yearly credit card pricing plan
with AOL (which they always renewed without asking first) to a monthly
checking debit plan.  But they debited my checking account for the full year
anyway (wreaking havoc with my other bills).  I contested payment, and that
led to the temporary closing of my e-mail and web space, until no less than
18 phone calls straightened things out and they began debiting monthly like I
asked.  No apologies from AOL.  After all, there are 27,999,999 other
subscribers.

Anyway, International Listener should be back.  I'm determined to keep these
hobby pages free, utilizing my little two megs of free web space, free URL
re-direction, free weather service on the "British Radio" page, free polling
service, free Google links, free counter, free news ticker on the "Shortwave
Links" page, etc.  Thanks for your use and support!

Ed Mayberry
http://www.internationallistener.com
or, if the re-direction service fails, try:
http://members.aol.com/EdMayberry/InternationalListener.html (cap-sensitive)