[HCDX] new International Listener poll

It's hard to believe that a station we've taken for granted all these years
will be extremely hard to hear in just a matter of weeks.  The new poll on
the International Listener site has to do with the decision by the BBC World
Service to end its shortwave transmissions to North America and Australia by
July 1st.

The wording for this poll is "Here are the programs I will most miss hearing
when BBC World Service drops shortwave to North America and Australia:" and
the choices for you to click are the various types of programs offered by the
World Service.  The idea is to focus on the fact that non-news World Service
programs will be scarce in the future, except by internet livestreaming,
since most rebroadcasting on U. S. FM stations is for just select
hours--usually news hours.

This poll is a reminder of the variety of program fare offered by the BBC.
Perhaps it's a reminder to management at the BBC World Service of the types
of programs we WON'T be able to hear as easily in the future.

Even though for listeners it's a no-brainer that we are losing a lot, I hope
you'll participate in this one, so that BBC brass will have just one more bit
of reaction to their decision to drop shortwave transmissions of the World's
Best Shortwave Station.

Thanks,

Ed Mayberry
http://www.internationallistener.com