RE: [HCDX] Vertical antennas

Patrick,

Don't forget that your EWE antenna is essentially two phased vertical
antennas.

For general information on phasing, the ARRL Antenna Handbook is good.
Probably the simplest arrangement is phasing with equal-length feedlines to
a common point, and then a single coax feed to the shack (I can't recall if
this is broadside or endfire reception, but I think proper performance is
limited to a single, narrow design frequency due to impedance and other
factors).

The following URLs may be of help for loading coil calculations. They are
web-based calculators for antenna loading coil wire gauge, spacings,
positioning on the antenna, inductance, etc.:

http://www.chemeng.ed.ac.uk/people/jack/personal/radio/software/loading.html

http://ecosse.org/jack/radio/coil.html

Guy Atkins
AR7030 / Wellbrook K9AY