[HCDX] Recent SW logs from the Quebec province

[HCDX] Recent SW logs from the Quebec province

Hello everyone !

Have`n`t listened to shortwave for a while. Now I have a new wire, so it is much more
easier to DX the shortwave bands using my simple Realistic DX-351 receiver. The past
few days I`ve logged the following (some were re-logs, others were new logs to me):

4845 kHz RADIO MAURITANIE - Nouckchott, Mauritania
great reception the last days with arabic talk and music and never heard before. On
the last Tuesday evening (May 24), there were audible an hour before sunset. New !!!!!

4960 kHz RADIO VILLA - Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
only heard on May 24, a couple of minutes past 11PM local (0300 UTC) with bits of
merengue music throught noises. This was my first tropicalband log the last summer, in
July, when I`ve getted involved with shortwave radio.
4975 UNID
bits of talk in unID language in tough Ecos del Torbes splatter. Heard only on May 27
around 0330 UTC. Any ideas ???
4980 kHz ECOS DEL TORBES - San Cristobal, Venezuela
noted in passing on May 24 with old-fashionned venezuelan music around 11:02 PM (0302
UTC). Presumably the program "Recuerdos desde esta noche". Verry good.
On Saturday, May 26 have listened to this for over a half-hour. They carried the
program "Ecos Rumba". Ecos Rumba mentions were heard after each 2 or 3 songs. They
were also noted carrying the ID "Ecos del Torbes, señal internacíonal de la radio
travidente". Fair signal. On Sun., May 27 het with bits of SS romantic vocals noted on
pre-sunset. An hour later much better with instrumental music competiting with T-strom
cratches from tropical thunderstroms. Also noted the same evening until 0300 UTC with
some venezuelan and colombian songs and beetwen each songs, comments of political and
economical nature. At 0300 switched to non-stop classical music until 0355 or so when
they aired sign-off announcements wich, if my memory seves me well, sounded like
"Señoras y señores, nosotros estamos a la fin de nuestros programmas. La proxima
sintoña es a la 4 de la mañana y 55 minutos... de Ecos del Torbes, YVOC 4980 kHz banda
de 60 metros, YVOD 780 kHz onda larga 50 kilowatos, YVSC 9640 kHz banda internacíonal
de 31 metros". A couple of other s/off announcements were heard, one of them sounded
like "Buenas Noche" or something like that, then the Tachira anthem and "Gloria Parabo
Pueblo" anthem. Exactly at the end of the last note of the venezuelan National Gloria
Parabo Pueblo anthem, they droped off carrier (the red tuning lighter on my SW
receiver have dissapeared as well) leaving a noticeable amount of static scratches on
the frequency. The nest day (Monday, May 28) only a large amount of
electrical-generated noises was heard on 4980. Ecos del Torbes was either inactive or
buried by the noises.
5000 WWV - Denver, Colorado, United States of America
fair evenings, not heard during the day, noted many time in passing with usual time
pips while looking for the 60 meters tropical broadcasters.
5070 WWCR - Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
Verry, verry good and dominant on all the evening checks. Seem to fade-out as late as
2 or 3 hours after local sunrise and fade-in as early as 2 or 3 hours before local
sunset. This was, by far, the strongest signal on sixty meters.
6030 Radio Marti - Florida Keys, Florida, United States of America
dominant on all the evenings, way over the cuban bubble jammer co-channel tx, mostly
yalk of political nature featured about Cuba, etc...
6070 CFRX - Toronto - Ontario - Canada
fair-good on mid and late afternoon, evening and early-to-mid mornings, however not
heard in several mid-day checks
7335 CHU CANADA - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
noted in passing all the time. The only 41MB signal, here in Pierrefonds, audible
during the mid-day hours.
7415 WBCQ SHORTWAVE - United States of America
carrying music during my short stay on this freq. WBCQ ID noted in passing.
10000 WWV
noted many times in passing. Audible all time I checked.
15000 WWV
noted many times, as well.
15300 RFI - French Guyana - broadcasts to Africa, in FF only !
good signal until s/off at 2200 UTC. One of the easiest RFI outlets... Heard on all
the checks, except from time they were off.

That`s it for now !
73 and good DX !
Bogdan Alexandru Chiochiu

P.S.: The best regards from Pierrefonds, Quebec, Canada