[HCDX] RE: Central America

RE: Bogdan Alexandru Chiochiu's e-mail.

I can regularly hear about a dozen Honduran channels, 2-3
Guatemalans, and 2-3 Nicaraguans.  How?  I live near the
coast of west Central Florida (!!!).  Yes, the Costa Rican
and Ecuadorean splits have been gone for 10 or more years.
There were probably a half dozen Costa Rican splits, and at
least 3-4 Ecuadoreans.  I don't know where you are but
Florida is interesting in that the peninsula land mass gives
completely different DX from one coast to the other.  Here,
all of Central America is easy, but the eastern Caribbean is
almost nil.  Vice versa from the east coast of Florida.

As for Suriname I presume you are referring to SRS Radio on
725.  They have been gone for 10 or more years to I would
guess.  The transmitter was scavaged for parts I seem to
recall.  Caymans 1555 and 1205 have been gone for awhile
too, never to return I was told a couple of years sgo by the
station.

Does anyone ever hear 1505 Anguilla any more?

Visit my "Florida Low Power Radio Stations" at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~tocobagadx/flortis.html