[HCDX] 1700 kHz Boston, Mass.

 Heard 1700 kHz station while driving in Dorchester (Boston) tonight (6/28
local, or 6/29 UTC) at 8:57pm-9:17pm (0057-0117 UTC). Station IDing as
"Rah-dee-oh Bell Ay-ee-tee", which my wife says is pure French (not
Haitian-Creole) for "Beautiful Haiti Radio" (Radio Belle Haiti).

 One sure way to know if you're listening to this same station is they
keep playing the "Mission Impossible" TV series theme music between
announcers.

 Heard news about polio vaccine at 8:57pm. Then ad/PSA for Bible Study
group in Malden on Monday and Wednesday, 6-9pm, and Saturday 9am-noon.
Then had commercial for a store/salon in Hyde Park (also part of Boston).
Then had international news in French at 9pm (0100 UTC). Stories included
drug traffic/zero tolerance, Serbia, Isreali/Palestinian peace accord,
Yugoslav/Milosevic/war crimes tribunal, comments by Bush and Chirac, etc.
Commercial for Las Vegas Seafood Restaurant in Hyde Park at 9:15pm in both
English and French. Another ID as possible "Radio Belle Haiti" at 9:17pm.

 So Radio Belle Haiti may be the name of the station or the program they
were running. I don't know. But I'll keep listening.

enjoy,
Paul McDonough
Medford, Massachusetts