Re: [HCDX] Fwd: CSIC

Very good news!  Do you know if they still plan to give the rubber chicken
QSL to every 25th listener?  My late mother, who was Canadian, never took
much interest in shortwave listening, but when she heard about this famous
Canadian pirate station, she rooted for me to get one of those rubber
chickens!  I never got one, but I am the first woman who ever reported to
CSIC and got a QSL from them.  Nice to hear that "The Voice of the Great
White North" has returned!

73--
Marie

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Joe Talbot wrote:

> >From: "Jerry Coatsworth" <jcfarmdx@xxxxxxxx>
> >Subject: CSIC
> >Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 18:32:17 -0700
> >
> >   Gentlemen,,
> >
> >       Saturday, June 30, 11pm .  OR  Sunday  July 1,  0300 utc . CSIC
> >Radio will return to the air with a test broadcast.  Check around 11330
> >khz.  It should be in the AM mode.
> >   QSL to Box 109 or Box 293.
> >
> >   Spread the word.                Jerry

Marie Lamb, Host and Producer, DXing with Cumbre on World Harvest Radio
For the Cumbre schedule, visit http://www.whr.org or http://www.cumbredx.org
"Radio is a great profession; it sure beats working."--George Roberts.
"I merely toil in the cornfield that is radio."--Fred Allen.