[HCDX] A slow beginning of the 2001-2002 DX season is already there !!

[HCDX] A slow beginning of the 2001-2002 DX season is already there !!

Hello !

Due to the lack of any sporadic-E openings on FM and TV in the past two weeks, I tuned my radio to AM, and SURPRISE !!!

It`s the first time this summer, I really hear any stuff from Latin America on the broadcast band. The last evening on
0308 UTC, Turks&Caicos - 530 was strong, and bits of woman spanish talk from YVKS (Caracas, VEN) were noted on 750, under
WSB. I think this indicates that the 2001-2002 DX season will come in verry fast. Here are the logs. I hope they will make
the next IDXD issue. All heard on a Sanyo portable, with it`s own antenna (a pretty long internal antenna, as it allowed
me to pull a lot of hard-to-hear Latins the past DX season):

530 TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS. Radio Vision Cristiana, Grand Turk, JUL 10 0308 - man preaching in spanish. Loud signal,
despite some static scratches. (Chiochiu-PQ)

750 VENEZUELA. YVKS Radio Caracas Radio, Caracas, JUL 10 0310 - bits of woman talk in spanish, heard throught WSB.
(Chiochiu-PQ).

Bogdan Alexandru Chiochiu
QTH: Pierrefonds (in the Montreal area), Quebec, Canada

Note: Aurel is not my name, but the name of my father. Bogdan is my real name.