Re: [HCDX] Mysterious latinamerican station 6314.5 KHz

Re: [HCDX] Mysterious latinamerican station 6314.5 KHz

To Hannu and the rest of the list, Radio Union in Lima, Peru has been
using this frequency for a while now.  Here's where to reach them,
according to Passport to World Band Radio.

Radio Union
Apartado Postal 833
Lima 27
Peru

(Including one IRC with your report is suggested.  Also, in my
experience with this station, they accept tapes as long as you
include a letter with time, date and frequency where you heard them.)

E-mail: runion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: +51 1 440-2093
Fax: +51 1 440-7594

Good luck!

73--
Marie

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001 hannu.romppainen@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi !
>
> This morning around 0530 UTC I heard a mysterious Latin American
> station on 6314.49 - 6314.56 kHz during my local DX-pedition in
> Hyrynsalmi, Northeastern Finland. The station called itself as "Radio
> Union" and mentioned Peru several times.
>
> I would like to know what is the real name of this station and postal
> address, please. Maybe this "Radio Union" is a pirate or a
> clandestine ? Or, perhaps Radio Union, Lima has changed 6115 kHz for
> 6314.5 kHz ? All the help is very welcomed. Thank you.
>
> 73s Hannu
>

> ******* Hannu Romppainen, Paltamo, FINLAND ***************
Marie Lamb, Host and Producer, DXing with Cumbre on World Harvest Radio
For the Cumbre schedule, visit http://www.whr.org or http://www.cumbredx.org
"Radio is a great profession; it sure beats working."--George Roberts.
"I merely toil in the cornfield that is radio."--Fred Allen.