[HCDX] Re: new from AWR

Hi all,

>From: Andre du Toit <adutoit@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [HCDX] new from AWR
>AWR has a new service for UK & W  EUROPE from tonight on 11640 from =
>20:00 to 20:30 UTC.

I don't want to start a major discussion, but I have often wondered how
well
radio stations know their geography.
The quoted message says "UK & W EUROPE". That implies that the UK is not
a part of W EUROPE. Can anyone (AWR?) tell me what part of Europe the UK
is in? (and please don't come up with the crap explanation that "Europe"
stands
for mainland as compared to the UK because in that case several Dutch
islands,
Iceland, mediterranean islands, etc. do not belong to Europe either and you
don't here anyone saying that.)

73

Herman Boel
author of EMWG
http://go.to/emwg
http://come.to/dxing

The information in this e.mail and any attachments is confidential and is
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this message and any attachments and advise the sender by
return e.mail.

Visit our websites: http://www.sgs.com and http://www.sgsonsite.com